Monday, April 20, 2009

I finally got to see Leighton!

My cousin Court had Leighton in February, but that is one of the downfalls of living here-it's not so easy to stop in and visit the babies every few days. Katie and I were lucky enough that Courtney brought Leighton on a vacation to Arizona, so we both got to see her before she grows/changes too much!

I flew there Thursday night (Adam and Diggs stayed home) and Katie, Court, Tate, Lex, and Leighton came to pick me up. We got home and Court, Katie, and I stayed up and talked and I rocked Leighton and fed her her bottle. She is SOOOOO good and just a perfect little shape to fit into your arm and snuggle forever!

The rest of the trip we pretty much went to the pool, shopped, hung out at Katie's, and had one girls night out while Lexie babysat. I had heard Leighton was good, but I never imagined THIS good. She can go anywhere and just sleeps in her carrier under the umbrella, or looks around while she's in her stroller. I didn't hear her cry once the whole time I was there. Court is one lucky mama :)






She did have one "naughty" moment. Court was changing her diaper and just as she went to do the switcheroo, Leighton went potty all over the changing pad and Court lifted the pad's sides so it didn't get all over Katie's carpet, it started pooling, got all over her fresh outfit, AND her. It was so funny, she was just laying there smiling like she knew she was being mischevious. Katie quick grabbed her up and rinsed her in the sink while Court went to get a new outfit. Just a funny story.

It was such a fun weekend! I'm so happy I got to see the two of them!

1 comment:

Katie said...

i miss them already. at least you are coming to visit me again next month ;=)