Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-Day and B-Day Weekend

I had quite the weekend of celebrations, with Valentine's Day and my birthday being in the same weekend! Adam and I did quite the celebrating :)

For Valentine's Day we took a nice long walk to a restaurant in Hillcrest called Cafe on Park and had a nice brunch. The place was super cute and the food was really good. Unfortunately, the weather this day (and the whole weekend) wasn't that great, so we went home and watched DVD's of our new favorite show, Gossip Girl (yes, Adam likes it just as much as I do). Instead of heading to all of the busy restaurants and having to order from a prix fix menu, we decided to stay home and make a seafood dinner and we played a compatibility card game that I got him. Diggy was happy we stayed home and happy that we had extra shrimp that he got for his Valentine's dinner :)

Sunday night we celebrated my birthday (which was actually yesterday) by going to a happy hour and dinner in Coronado. Both the places we went are on the bay side and have glass walls so you have a really pretty view of the city. We had a fun night out, thanks Adam.

Monday we both had the day off for President's Day. Our plan was to take a long long walk, but when I got home from the gym, it started raining...the only fun activity I could think of on a rainy day was to go to a movie and I have been wanting to see "He's Just Not That Into You." Adam was a good husband and went with me. I loved it! Then we went home, cooked dinner, and watched the Bachelor. I couldn't think of a better, low key, relaxing day!

I hate when long weekends are over, but I'm excited that it's already Tuesday and the Roley's get here Friday!

1 comment:

Katie said...

3 days until the roley's come take over you house, ha!!!!! can't wait. i'll need a weather update, so i know what to pack :=)