Friday, February 27, 2009

March (and April) Madness

My weekends are usually pretty low key. Don't get me wrong, I always have a good time and enjoy life, but usually Adam and I are doing good if we have plans for Friday by Thursday night. Well recently my calendar has become book of scratches and scribbles due to so much stuff going on in March and April.

I have known for awhile that my friend Panichi is coming for her spring break March 10-15 (she's in her last year of law school, yay for you Panichi, which means her last spring break :). I have flex time for work so while she's here I planned to take W-F off. We are taking a road trip to Tucson so she can see my sister's kids and their home there, then finishing the trip off in Phoenix where we will meet up with her brothers and dad. I thought that week seemed busy then the plans kept rolling in.

Next I found that my friend Darah, who is a teacher, and my other friend Evan (Darah's BF) are coming for her spring break. They will get here the weekend of April 3, go onto LA for the weekdays that Adam and I work, then come back Easter weekend.

Next, my cousin Court and her new baby Leighton are coming to Tucson April 11-20. I am dying to see baby Leighton in person, but am waiting to go until the second weekend they are visiting because Darah and Evan will still be enjoying all that San Diego has to offer :)

After all these plans, I realized Adam's birthday was among the madness so I emailed some of our friends to plan a get together. We got a date set that we were all free and then I got a call from my sister Kristie...I have been sad because I wasn't going to see her kids until this summer, but she decided to go to Tucson March 28-the weekend I had planned for Adam's birthday celebration. Scratch that weekend, I had to email everyone for a rescheduling because I can't miss out on seeing the kids! March 21 or Easter Day it will have to be, whichever date people are free on!

I then realized that I would be driving to and from Tucson (7ish hours each way) March 10, March 27, and April 17. I love Tucson and I love seeing everyone and I even like taking drives most of the time, but that is where I drew the line. Adam and Diggy are going to wait til the summer to meet Leighton while I take a flight there so I can stay a bit longer.

Oh yeah, my freshman dorm roomate DD is coming tomorrow and my cousin Emily is coming in May too. And we are taking a trip to the Florida Keys the last weekend of April...my mind is spinning!

I think a lot of people in my situation, who live across the country from most of their friends and loved ones could get lonely. I thank the wonderful city of San Diego (and the whole southwest) for being such an appealing place to visit that I haven't had one chance to be lonely at all. The visitors just keep rolling in and I hope they never stop!

2 comments:

Katie said...

yay!!! kris and i talked and i am so glad you are coming th 28th. 7 hrs is nothing~ let's just enjoy all of the company while we have it, right?

kkb said...

it means a lot to me that you're coming :) really, i promise!!! can't wait to see you and everyone else!!!!