Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life Lesson Learned!!!!!!!

Just a short note to say your prayers for my cousin Courtney's friend Brittany...I was home last Wednesday evening-Saturday because Adam was out of town and I was planning on going to Scarlett's birthday party on Friday. I was happy because I got on the road right after work and made it in time to meet my mom, sister, cousin, and aunt for their weekly girls night out to La Fiesta on Wednesdays. Some of my mom and Julie's friends came, one of Kristie's friends came, and Court's friend came. Kristie and I commented the next day on how nice and fun Brittany is!

Saturday I was driving back to Champaign with Gwen and was in stand still traffic and SUPER ANNOYED. It took me 1 hour to get the 10 mile distance on I-74 between Carlock and Bloomington because of an accident, which made it take me over 2 hours to make what is usually a 1 hour drive. I had the "poor me mentality" because I knew Gwennie would wake up and scream because she was due to eat, but to my surprise, she slept the whole time, which she never does anymore.

Later that day I found out Courtney's friend Brittany had been in an accident, and it was the same accident Gwen and I were stuck in. 2 people in the car died, she was severely injured, but somehow made it through the accident.

I had a horrible feeling go through my body as I made the connection that it was the same accident we sat through. I had been sitting in traffic selfishly thinking about how long it was taking me to get home, when someone I new was being rescued from a horrible, horrible accident.

I will always think differently when I'm stuck in traffic for an accident from now on. While people sit in their cars complaining because they're late for (fill in the blank), someone's life might be being saved, which is way more important than being on time!

No comments: