Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kristen's Bachelorette Party

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to host 6 friends from Illinois for Kristen's bachelorette party!!! Adam chose to remove himself from this situation and went home for Brian's 30th birthday party (which he had so much fun at he lost his phone and broke his flip flops, haha).

My sister Kristie got here Thursday morning, so the two of us spent the day shopping and went out to dinner! The others arrived late Thursday night so all we had time to do was drop them off at the hotel.
Friday we woke up and I took them all on a little walk to see the downtown area, then we went to lunch on the harbor and sat around the hotel pool all afternoon in great weather. That night I hosted a Pink themed personal shower at my house, everyone was so fun and wore pink and we ate pink food and drank pink drinks and Kristen opened pink presents! After some drinks, presents and games, we went to the drag show restaurant LIPS. It was so fun and funny and I think everyone had a great time there. Kristen even got to go on stage and dance around with a trannie :)

Saturday we took a hike, ate Mexican food, and went to the beach. Some of the girls (not me of course) were brave enough to get in the freezing water!!!! Next on our schedule was Golden Spoon and these girls were all just as impressed with it as anyone else who has visited! Finally it was time to get ready to go out! We all met at my house for a drink, then we went to Cafe Sevilla for tapas and sangria! We next ventured on to the dueling piano bar, Shouthouse, where Kristen again was invited up onto stage! We ended our night at Jimmy Loves with some dancing and lots of drinks from a bachelor party we met there...

The next morning Kristen wasn't feeling so hot for her flight home, but regardless I think everyone had a great time! I know I did! Now I can't wait for Aug 2 for the big wedding!

No comments: