Thursday, December 18, 2008

Preparing to head to the Midwest

We leave to go home for Christmas on Saturday morning and I feel like I've got a zillion things to do...mainly because we are taking Diggy with us on our flight! I'm getting worried because I bought him a carrier and he is very resistant when it comes to going in it. Adam and I have been putting tons of treats in it so he associates it with good things, but I don't think it is working. Last night I finally got him in it and zipped it up and he barked at me until I let him out! I guess I'm going to have to ask the vet for a sedative or something 'cause I know it won't be a pleasant flight for our fellow passengers if a little dog is barking the whole time!

Tomorrow I have to work for a few hours, then I'm spending my day taking Diggy to the vet to get his papers saying he's okay to fly, finishing up laundry, and packing. Packing is another thing that might be difficult (not as bad as the Europe trip). I send a good 75 % of the gifts I bought to my mom and dad's house already, but we have 2 suitcases to fit all of our stuff, all of Diggy's stuff, and the rest of our gifts. I sense I'll have to do some sitting on the suitcases to get them zipped!

Wish us luck on our travels!

2 comments:

Katie said...

i have already sat on our suitcases for them to zip up~ and i have another load of laundry still ;-( see you in a few days!

ps i would defentitly get diggy the sedative. it'll make you all happier!

kkb said...

wooohooo! can't wait to pick you up on saturday and see my little drunk nephew :) remind me of the exact time your flight arrives... bloomington, right?