Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Festivities in the Midwest

Adam, Diggy, and I just got back from a busy week in the Midwest. Every time I go home I wish I could stay longer-our trips are just so crazy, running around trying to see everyone we can! Regardless of the exhausting schedule, we had a great time!
We left for the airport Saturday morning (the 20th), ate some breakfast, stuck a sedative into a treat for Diggy, stuffed him in his carrier, and got on the plane. He was a perfect (drugged) dog the whole time and stayed in his carrier until we got to Bloomington where my sister picked us up. That night Kristie had a group of people over including Katie, Krissy P, and Everhart (an old high school friend of mine), so it was really fun to hang out.



Diggy in his carrier


The next day we were supposed to go to Iowa for my mom's Christmas, but half way there, the roads were closed down due to the horribly icey roads. We turned around after driving 2 hours and went to one of my fave restaurants-Avantis-for lunch. Then I spent the day wrapping presents and my mom had all of us and my aunt's family over for dinner! Diggy loved it because he got TONS of attention from all the kiddies!


Cal playing with Diggy

Monday I basically lounged around until evening. Adam played racketball with my brother in law so he was busy. That night my sisters and our husbands went to dinner at another of my local faves-La Fiesta. Afterwards we met Kristen, Rachel, and some friends at a local townie bar.

Tuesday we headed for Indiana. We left early enough to get to our niece Carissa's baptism, but the roads were bad so we missed it by a half hour! Anyways, the whole Ralph family met up at Adam's sister Jill's house, along with his extended family. We hung out, ate dinner, then met up with Adam's friend Brian.



Us in matching green and white (Adam copied my only outfit I brought)

The next day we celebrated Christmas Eve in Indiana. It is a townie tradition for all the Haubstaters to attend the local bars on Christmas Eve, but while Adam and some people went, I stayed home with some of Adam's sisters and the kids and hung out/got ready. That night we did a gift exchange, Santa stopped by with some gifts for the kids, and we all ate a nice dinner.


Ralph Grandkids

Adam, Jay, and Adam preparing the meat

Christmas morning we got up early and drove back to Illinois. This time the weather was a lot nicer so we made good time. We did our usual Christmas kids open presents-dinner-we open presents. This year we played a game of Guesstures which was pretty funny too!

Erwin Grandkids

The Ralphs :)


Sylv, Tate, and Ells in the jumpy thing from Grandma and Grandpa



Diggy didn't know what to think of all the wrapping paper

Games
Friday we had a little shower for my cousin Courtney's baby, who is due in February. We went to lunch then back to my sisters for gifts and presents. That night we went to my aunt Julie's for dinner (grandparents and my aunt Cindy's family were there too), then I met up with Joanna and Darah at a bar where tons of high school people were at.

Saturday, it was time to go home. Despite Adam developing the flu that morning and a tornado warning in Bloomington, we made it out on time and got home as scheduled.

What a busy week! Now back to work. I guess I can't complain too bad since I have another 5 day weekend starting Wednesday for New Years :)

Rest of pictures: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbM3DRi0cuWR5

2 comments:

Katie said...

how was adam on the plane? glad you made it home safely ;-) see you soon, hopefully!

Katie said...

how was adam on the plane? glad you made it home safely ;-) see you soon, hopefully!