Monday, May 18, 2009

Emily's Visit!

This past weekend my cousin Emily came to visit from Chicago. It was so much fun, I was sad when she left yesterday!

Em got here Wednesday so we just started by taking a walk so I could give her a tour of the whole downtown area. Then we went home, got ready, and went to Pacific Beach for dinner and drinks.

Thursday she and I went walking to get some coffee and to Balboa Park. Next we went home, got our swimsuits on, went for lunch, and ended up in Coronado at the beach where we spent most of our day. That night, I made a 4 course meal of different small plates with wine pairings, haha. I know I'm a geek but I love doing stuff like that and we had fun! Afterwards we went to Prado at Balboa Park where this girl plays music and they have a late night happy hour. It was a fun night!


Friday Emily and I walked Diggs, went up the coast to Solana Beach and Del Mar for lunch and to lay out, then we went home to get ready. Then Robbie and Joe came over for a drink and we met my friend Carissa at this "hip" Chinese restaurant where they serve family style food. Then we went out to J-Bar, which is on the roof of a restaurant. It's a really neat place and to top it off, the fireworks from the Padres stadium were going off when we were there, so that was fun. Afterwards we went to a dive bar and finally realized we had had plenty to drink so it was time to go home. I stayed up way past my usual bedtime so slept late the next day!

Saturday we went to a brunch, went for a few afternoon drinks at Elephant and Castle, then Robbie came over and we all went to dinner at C-Level and to the top of the Hyatt. Sunday we had to get up and take Emily to the airport.



I loved having Em here and I think she had fun too...well enough fun to make her want to plan another trip here for this fall! Yay!

Rest of pictures: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbM3DRi0cuWVL

1 comment:

kkb said...

you and em both looked so pretty in all the pics... i can't wait to come in july!!!! maybe em should come back then too :)