Saturday, May 23, 2009

YIKES!

Just kidding, the title sounds worse than it was. I have been in Tucson since Thursday night to be Katie's patient to be certified to give local anesthesia. She has been a dental hygienist for a long time, but since she moved to AZ she has found this is an important certification to have. I have never had problems with needles or shots, but a few days before I was her "guinea pig" (I honestly had agreed like a year ago with no reservations) people were making me a bit nervous a few days in advance saying stuff like "wow, you're a GOOD sister" "wow, you must really trust your sister to let her put a needle in your mouth" etc (I'm sure you get the picture). Anyways, we had a long day of nerves. Katie took her written test and passed (if she hadn't, she would have had to go home and failed). Then we had a few hours to spare before she took her clinical exam. When we got back from eating lunch, about 4 of the girls she had known from her review exam had failed and were looking for second patients (who they had to pay an extra $125 for because the instructors were being SO nice by letting them try again). Anyhow, I was confident in Katie but worried because a lot of her peers were failing. Of cours though, she got to her turn, was super confident in front of the instructors, stuck my mouth twice, and we were done! She passed, woohoo, she's done with all this studying! We went home, got ready, went out for sushi, and her and Matt treated me and Adam since I was her patient (Thanks Kate, so unnecessary!)

Congrats Katie! Honestly, I didn't know how hard this test was until I saw how many people were failing. Your hard work and prayers from Ellie (Ellie has been really into Sunday school and prayers lately and wanted to help Katie by praying for her test, SOOOOO CUTE!) really paid off!

2 comments:

kkb said...

you are a good sister!! i'm proud of katie too... hopefully next time we move i won't have to get certified :) it'll prob have to be you or katie!!!!

i wish we could have went with you all for sushi last night.... maybe in sd for my bday visit!

Katie said...

molly, i am soooo glad that you came and didn't leave w/ any facial paralysis, ha! it ended up being a fun weekend, i really appreciated it!