Monday, May 11, 2009

Staying Home

Since we spent last weekend in Florida and my cousin Emily is getting here Wednesday ( I'm not working Thurs or Fri, woohoo), we decided to take it easy this weekend.

Friday night I made Chinese food, we watched old shows we had DVR'd and went to bed early. We were up bright and early on Saturday morning, so I made breakfast, we went and got coffee, took a walk, I worked out, and we got ready all before 11AM. We then had an exciting afternoon of going to Home Depot, grabbing lunch at the Fishette, then driving around looking for houses off the hidden path that might be for sale. We ended up in a fancy old neat neighborhood and looked at all the places that we wish we could buy :) It is fun to see such neat, unique homes though. That night we just grilled out, had some drinks, and watched some shows.

Yesterday we got to go out on Adam's boss' boat which was neat. Him and his wife have a little 8 month old girl, Hazel, who is super cute. The weather was really nice and it felt good to be in the sun. Then we grabbed dinner and some drinks at a happy hour in Little Italy and headed home. I got a call from my college friend Katie, caught up on the phone with her for awhile, then pretty much got ready for bed. It was a nice day!

I usually think I like to be out and about on weekends, but I really enjoyed having such a low key time. Not to mention the fact that I didn't have to put makeup on once. I'm glad we got some R and R but of course I was still SUPER tired this morning. Oh well, 2 days til Em gets here :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

sounds fun!

kkb said...

the boat sounds awesome! hazel... cute!