Monday, October 5, 2009

Closing Out Summer

This past weekend we really took advantage of the fact that it's still really warm during the day here. I don't think it'll last much longer though, because the mornings and nights have started to be really cool. I'm ready for fall type weather, but we had a fun Saturday that I think was a good end to the summer.

We woke up and took Diggy for a nice walk (he enjoys when it's cool in the mornings and doesn't stop every two steps) and got ready to go to Rancho Bernardo Winery. I am on the email list for my favorite radio station, and they will sometimes randomly send out an email saying the first 100 people or so to RSVP can go to a free private listener concert. Well, Thursday they sent one saying you could go to hear Ingrid Michaelson play there, so I RSVP'd right away. It was so fun. The weather was SOOOO nice, we sat on a blanket, had a glass of wine from the winery, and listened. It was so good. She played a sold out concert that night that you had to pay for in a much larger venue, so we were super lucky!




After the concert, we went one last time to Tin Fish to listen to Joe Rathburn play. Since the Padres games are ending, we won't have the option of going there all the way until next spring, so we wanted to make sure we went. After that we went to the Gaslamp Strip Club. No, we didn't go to see nude people, it's a grill your own steak place; the Alexanders of San Diego. It was good and fun!Sunday I pretty much ran errands and cleaned while Adam went to some air show with his work friend Matt. Then they came home and we grilled out. I baked another one of my pumpkin creations to ring in autumn. I think I'm ready to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

3 wks til i see you!