Monday, October 26, 2009

Almost November and Fall's still not here

Althought mornings and nights have been cooler than usual, it is dark earlier and earlier every night, and pitch black when I go to work, it still doesn't seem like fall at all to me. Reasons:

1. Friday night we spent getting Diggy a hair cut because his long hair made taking him on a walk so hot that he was panting and laying down within minutes.

2. After Diggy's haircut, we ate dinner at a restaurant outside and without heaters or a coat, it wasn't cold at all.

3. We went Saturday morning to watch the Purdue/Illini game and immediately after went to the pool because it was way too warm, sunny, and nice out to waste the day inside. Within minutes we were both in the pool and putting on sunblock because the sun was so strong.

4. We grilled out on our patio for dinner.

5. Sunday morning we both still needed iced coffee instead of hot ones.

6. While walking Diggy, he still was panting and laying down even though he has a brand new short haircut.

7. Although it is actually "fall" I still wear flip flops, tank tops, shorts, dresses, etc. I am dying to wear boots and sweaters, but I'd be sweating if I did.

I guess I can't complain. It is so nice to not deal with cold weather, BUT I do miss the nice crisp fall days! Hopefully we'll start getting some real fall weather by December or January?

1 comment:

Jo said...

I know how you feel Molly. Our air conditioning is broke and it's so hot here still! Whenever we are home, we sit directly in front of the fan. Of course, I want it to be hot when we are on the cruise this weekend. I would enjoy some fall weather though.