Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Since we live so far from our families and the baby's not here yet, holidays like Father's Day weekend aren't too eventful for us, but the weather was great so we made the best of it!

We had plans for Sunday, so Saturday we took it pretty easy. I got my nails done while Adam got his haircut, we spent some time at the pool, and we did some cooking at home. One of my many projects to do before the baby is born is to type up all of my recipes I have saved from various cooking magazines and that people have written out for me over the past 3 years. The clutter of having saved magazines and paper has annoyed me, so I want to just have them all saved onto my laptop. I'm almost done with this project, and since starting it I have come across a lot of recipes I always wanted to try but never did. This weekend I tried 3. Two of them we really liked, one of them wasn't too big of a hit, but it was fun making new things.


Sunday we started by taking Diggy for a LONG walk for him. Since it has been getting hot, he does not like walks as much, but we started really early, before it was sunny, and he did great! After our walk, we got ready and headed to this restaurant that has a southern style Sunday brunch that Adam has been wanting to go to for some time now. They call it Bluegrass Brunch. It is southern food with a more California twist, they have a bluegrass band, and a really nice patio. We got there right before 10am, when it opens, and there was already a line and we had a 10 minute wait! It is very popular for a reason, the food was really good and so was the band! After brunch, we headed to the Padres game. The weather was beautiful and there were tons of dads and their kids there, which was fun to watch.


After the game, Adam went surfing with Leigh. I think he had a good "Father's Day" but next year will be more fun when our baby is here!

No comments: