Monday, October 25, 2010

Our First Weekend in Champaign

So far, things here have been going well! We have had a lot to do, but had some time for fun this weekend!

Friday night my mom and dad came, they looked at the house we like, and we went out to dinner. When we got home, the movie Grease was on...it was so funny, Gwen's eyes were glued to the TV! Just like Katie, Kristie, and I, we LOVED that movie and watched it a zillion times!


Saturday we ran errands, went to the mall, and went over to Adam and Robin's for dinner. It is really nice that even though we are new to town, we already have someone we know! Adam grilled some food, we had some drinks, caught up, and got to see Reese, Mara, and Nolan. They are so grown up, it's sad to think how little they were when I started babysitting them!
Sunday, we got up and went for a long walk to a restaurant to meet up with Bayer, who was in town for homecoming. It's always fun to see her and get the gossip! When we got back to our hotel, we decided to take Gwen swimming for the first time. It was so cute, at first she was getting used to it and just stayed really close to Adam, but after she figured out that she liked it, she started kicking her legs and arms and splashing. I knew she liked baths, so figured she'd like swimming. I'm excited because one thing Adam and I both like to do is go to a pool or to the beach, so I hope she continues to like swimming!




Now, Gwenna, Diggy and I are home alone playing and hanging out (we only have 1 rental car, haha AND I forgot to get the stroller out of the trunk today, uggghhhh!)...Adam started his new job today. I really hope he likes it and that the following weeks are as good as our first!!!!


1 comment:

Katie said...

awwww, it's so sad how big she has gotten already. i can't even believe that we won't see her til christmas, she will have changed so much since we saw her labor day weekend. keep posting lots of pics :)