Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pumpkin Fest. 2011

This past week was the Morton Pumpkin Festival. I hadn't been there in 5 years, since I have lived in California, so I was excited to go back with Gwen and Adam!

Wednesday, for the kickoff, Gwen and I went and met Duvy, Paisley, and Andy and Darah and Evan to watch Sylvie in the Little Miss Pumpkin Pagaent. I let Gwen try Pumpkin Ice Cream, then we watched the show!

There definitely was some stiff competition (and kids whose moms probably practiced with them for weeks!), but Sylvie wasn't nervous at all and was just excited. We don't even think she really knew it was a competition, but more of a dance recital type event. Anyways, Sylvie didn't walk away as the Princess, BUT out of 10 girls only 3 prizes were given, and Sylvers won best costume. I did definitely think she looked the cutest, but as her aunt, I might have been a bit biased :)


Friday night we went back and had dinner at Darah and Evan's since Joanna and Eric were home from Florida. Then Saturday we headed to watch the big parade. Kristen got Mara and Gwen matching pumpkin shirts that were SOOOO cute so they were twins for the parade!
Sylvie got to be in the parade and Kristie had to walk with her. After the parade, we took the kids to the festival for some lunch, rides, and snacks. Gwen rode the merry go round and the big slide with her big cousins. Adam was excited to sample some of the pumpkin fest food, so between all of us we had a corndog, apple cider slush, pumpkin chili, porkchop sandwich, and pumpkin ice cream. I think Adam was impressed with how big and nice the Pumpkin Fest is, it's not just your average street fair!





I had more fun at the Pumpkin Fest this year than ever before. I love sharing fun things from my childhood with Gwen!

1 comment:

Katie said...

i <3 the pumpkin fest, can't wait to go again :)