Friday, September 19, 2008

Our trip to San Francisco

We went to San Fran for the second time this week (the first time we both forgot our cameras so I don't have pictures of most of the touristy things we did that trip). It was such a great trip and so nice not to go to work M-W!

View before our walk over the bridge

We got there Sunday (Adam had a work training Monday-Wednesday) around 11AM. Diggy was take care of by Robbie (and he did a great job-he even came home at lunch to see him like I do, Yay for Robbie!). As soon as we got there we checked into our hotel early, dumped our bags, and were off the Golden Gate Park. It was a really nice day (cool but sunny) and we took a walk across the bridge. I couldn't help but sing "Everywhere you look..." the Full House theme song and imagine Uncle Jesse driving the family by in that red convertible (that would have been my childhood dream). The view from the bridge was awesome and it was a pretty good length walk. Once we got across we walked about 2 miles further down this hill into Sausalito. It was so cute with tons of restaurants and shops on the bay. We ate lunch at this place where I had the best salad I have ever eaten in my life-dungenous crab louie(I have eaten a lot of salads in my day too!). It was sunny and warm and we just enjoyed ourselves so much! Then we took the ferry back to the city (and went by Alcatraz on the way) and ended up at Pier 1. We walked around the Ferry Building Market Place, which is a building with tons of cute little shops in it, then walked back to our hotel. After that we got ready and enjoyed the wine and cheese happy hour at our hotel. Hotel Nikko was really nice and had lots of good little perks like that. Finally, we went to dinner at this cute wine place by our hotel called First Crush and went home, sat in the hot tub, and went to bed. It was a long day but really fun and we did/saw a lot!

The door at First Crush-vines melted into glass-really pretty!



The next day Adam had his training, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to SHOP. The shopping there is sooooo sooooo excellent. I honestly left that morning at 9 AM and didn't get back until 4 PM because it was just non-stop fun! Once Adam got back from his training we went to the pool area, got ready, and did some research because we wanted to hang out at some of the more local places! We went to an area called Soma and found this neat place called Orson that was a warehouse converted into a restaurant/bar for a little happy hour, then we went to dinner at a gastropub (pub with fancy food) called Anchor and Hope. Finally, we went back and had a drink at our favorite place Gold Dust...this place looks exactly as it does in the pictures about a million years ago and has drinks for 2-4 dollar range. It was hopping at all times and had live music nightly! We wound up here a lot :)


Tuesday I got up again and shopped til I dropped. Adam got done at his class early so we met up and walked around the artsy area and looked in a few more shops. That night we found my favorite bar ever called Swig-super cute but modern and warm (fireplace) all at once! We ate at a place called Urban Tavern that was pretty cool and stayed out late for our last night.


Gold Dust's bathroom had tons of graffiti in the stalls-see my addition??? :)

Wednesday I took one last far walk, packed up our stuff, and got ready so we could check out. We had one last "date" at Tom Collichio from Top Chef's sandwich restaurant called Witchcraft. I was just happy to support Tom because he is my celebrity crush (he may be no Brad Pitt, but I like him :) Finally we were on our way to the airport and home.


I had a great time and did so much fun stuff, but it is so nice to be home. Diggy was so happy to see us and although we enjoyed some really fun nights, I am tired of getting ready, eating and drinking out, and even shopping! Tonight Katie and her family are coming from Tucson for the weekend, so I'm so happy to have a more low key family/kids oriented weekend! I can't wait for them to get here!

MORE PICTURES: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbM3DRi0cuWMJ

1 comment:

kkb said...

sure looks like fun! i'm glad you had a great time... did you go to wine country at all?
have so much fun with the roleys!!! i wish i could be there, but i'll be seeing you all in a few weeks...wooohooo :)