Monday, September 29, 2008

My weekend as a single woman

For those of you who don't know, Adam went to climb Mount Whitney this past weekend. I don't know much about climbing mountains, but according to Adam it is going to be really hard. I'll be excited to see how it went. To be honest, it would be my greatest nightmare...huge backpack, no shower for 3 days, sleeping in a tent on a mountain, dried foods, and bugs. He gets back tonight so we'll see how it went!

I was considering going to Katie's for the weekend since he was gone (I thought I'd be bored), but when the weekend was getting closer, I was actually sort of excited to have a boring weekend with lots of alone time. For the whole summer pretty much we have had stuff going on, so it just sounded nice to not dry my hair, not wear makeup, and do all low key stuff. Saturday was a great day...I woke up (at about 6:30AM thanks to Diggy letting me know he had to go potty), worked out, and cleaned up by 9:30 AM, so I made it to the beach at 10 AM. It was already sunny, so this time of the day was sooooo nice! Anyways, I got there and bought an extra large diet coke and had my book and planned on staying for an hour or two. The weather was GREAT though, my book was getting soooooo good, and the diet coke was plentiful, so I ended up staying til about 2:30PM. It was so relaxing and felt soooo good. I then realized I was starving so picked up some lunch, went home and showered, ate, then snuggled with Diggy and watched the movie "Run Fat Boy Run" It was so funny. I highly suggest it.

Sunday morning Diggy let me sleep in until about 8AM then I went on a really, really long walk through Balboa Park, up to Hillcrest through the farmers market, and then home. Then I took Diggy on a mini walk (he gets tired and hot!) and let him play in the backyard for awhile. After he started getting filthy and tired, I took him in and went to the party store to buy gear for his first birthday party I am having when I go to my sister's on Oct. 10! Kristie and Katie's kids will be there so I'm throwing a little bash for him, hehe. Finally, I went home and hung out with the dog again. When it's just the two of us, he likes it so much because he gets so much attention. Well, I was reading my book and really into it and he started doing this thing where he puts his paw on me and pats my leg until I give him attention. Finally, I put the book down and started rubbing his ears and talking to him and then he just looks into my eyes like he is listening and totally understands, almost like a human, haha. Then I kind of made up in my head that in a past life, Diggy was a person and I was his real mom and that's why we love eachother so much. I know I'm psycho, but I feel like I wouldn't love a dog this much if there wasn't something more to the equation, hehehe. Maybe it seems impossible, but I'll pretend in my own mind it's true!

Enough of my craziness, after my "moment" with my dog/son I decided to go to bed and read. I ended up reading for 2 hours because my book is soooooo good. It's called "Fierce People" and I HIGHLY recommend it! Anyways, when I finally put it down, it was a really mysterious/twisted part, and I realized I was scared to go to bed, haha. My mom always asks if I'm scared if Adam isn't there and I always say "no way" but it happened last night. I turned my fan off so I could hear any noise (I usually don't even consider sleeping without the sound of a fan) and turned the light on in the bathroom and slept with a night light for the first time in my life.

The weekend was great and relaxing, but I think I've had enough alone time. It was good to see my work friends today and I'm excited for Adam to get home. Hopefully tonight I won't have to sleep with a night light if he's home :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

ahhh, i have to admit, i usually sleep with the fan on low when matt's gone, but i usually let at least one of the kids snuggle me too ;-) so, i'd say you did good.

kkb said...

you know me, i probably would've left the house at whatever time it was and drove to katies.... be proud you only needed a nightlight :) good thing you had diggy to protect you since he's so scary and vicious!
can't wait to see you in 11 days!!!!