Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Erwin family get together in Tucson/Diggy's Bday party

This past weekend my mom, Kristie, Jason, Sylvie, and Cal were all going to be visiting Tucson, so Adam and I decided to go see everyone since they were so close. We got an early start and left Friday around noon, so we got there around 6PM, which was so much better than midnight!

Friday we just hung out at Katie's house, grilled some food, chit-chatted, let the kids play, the usual. Here are some picts of the kids!

Diggy's first birthday is coming up October 22, so I wanted to do something fun to celebrate. I thought it would be lots of fun for him and the kids to have a doggy birthday party while we were there! We did all the regular party stuff like:


Wear party hats
Play games: Line up and take turns racing Diggy to fetch the ball


Open gifts-He got 3 shirts and some new balls!


Had lunch-hot dogs





Took picts of the bday boy with his cake



Sang "Happy Birthday"


And ate cake-I made a dog/people friendly cake that actually was pretty good!


After all the party festivities, my mom, sisters, me and Lexie went out for lunch and to the mall to shop. My mom and Lexie babysat that night so my sisters and our husbands went out for Mexican food. Then I watched "13 Going on 30" with my mom and Lexie.


The next morning we left to go home...it was a busy but fun weekend. Diggy had the best birthday party he could have ever dreamed of and LOVED all the attention he got from 5 kids all weekend. He's been exhausted ever since we left!



Rest of the pictures: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbM3DRi0cuWM6

2 comments:

Katie said...

diggy looks tired on the drive home. glad you guys came, too bad it always has to be such a short trip!

kkb said...

cute pics... i'm glad diggy had such a good bday :) the kids missed him as soon as you left! i'm glad you got to come... we had fun!