Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No pictures to document this past weekend

This past weekend I didn't take my camera with us either nights, so I have no fun pictures to share. We had a fun time though.

Friday night we had plans to meet up with Leigh, Lisa, Robbie, and Kirsten for dinner. Poor Lisa got stuck in L.A. traffic, so plans got moved back about an hour. While we were waiting to go/getting ready Diggy started gagging like he was going to throw up but nothing would come out. He did this for about an hour straight every 5-10 minutes but was acting fine and was still his usual playful self. It still made us super nervous so we started googling all this stuff and it pretty much said he had a respiratory infection or had eaten something he shouldn't. I called my sisters to see if their dogs had ever done this and both of them said they thought he had eaten something, so I sucked it up and left him home alone.

We went for dinner in La Jolla to this really cute place called Whisk and Ladle. It was a fun place and a fun group. It was pretty busy there so by the time we waited, ordered, and ate, we got home pretty late. Diggy was fine when I got home, but we let him sleep with us so I would hear him if he started choking. Early Saturday morning he woke me up and I could tell he needed to go out. I put him outside and waited and when he finally scraped at the door to be let in, I found that not only had food passed through his system, but also a very large rubber chunk of his fetch ball that he apparently had eaten. I felt so bad that he probably had that stuck in his throat and was trying so hard to cough it up, but I'm happy he got it out and felt better!

Saturday night we went to a surprise party for Robbie's girlfriend Kirsten that her mom and friend threw for her. It was at her mom's house in La Jolla and was really nice. Her mom made TONS of yummy Asian food and people just hung out in the backyard. She was really surprised. Afterwards we went to her new condo and to this cute little lounge Leigh had been to before.

Two fun nights in a row! Luckily Adam and I took Monday off too to celebrate our anniversary....

No comments: