Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas/New Years Planning before Thanksgiving???

Since Adam and I will be out of the country for two of the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas it had occurred to me that I might not have a ton of time to prepare for Christmas. Then last week I actually looked at the calendar and realized that there is only 1 weekend that we will be back before we leave to go to the midwest! Ontop of that, I have 4 different work parties to attend. That would leave not near enough time for shopping , sending, Christmas cards, etc., so I decided to start preparing...

I went to Michael's on Friday and bought some crafty stuff to make some little presents for people (haven't begun to do this yet). We'll see how they turn out and if I actually even use these as gifts since I'm not the most artistic person I know. That night Adam and I stayed home and I began shopping (online). I decided I'm pretty much ordering all of my presents and sending them to my mom and dad's house so I don't have to deal with flying with a million suitcases! 3 presents down, about a zillion to go.

Saturday morning Adam and I took a walk to Balboa Park and they have all of the Grinch decorations up. It made me feel happy! I also ordered all of my Christmas cards to send and started getting updated addresses from people!

Saturday night we went out to dinner with and the topic of the night was "what to do on New Year's Eve"...The group consensus is pretty much go to dinner or go to someone's house (nothing too crazy). That was as far as we got...

It seems early for all of this stuff, especially since it was in the 90's here this weekend, but I guess it's not. I'm excited for Christmas now!

1 comment:

kkb said...

so you and adam will be back in CA for nye? what exact dates will you be back here and which days will you be in indiana?