Thursday, March 26, 2009

Twinzies

As everyone knows, I have twin sisters. Nowadays everyone in Hollywood-Charlie Sheen, Rebecca Romeijn, Brad and Angelina, Marcia Cross, J Lo, etc.- is having twins (most likely due to fertility treatment in most cases, although they all act like it is just a coincidence that they are in their 40's, got pregnant, and had twins naturally). Just a few weeks ago I was at Katie's and her friend came over with little twin boys. Twins just seem to be all over the place, and I tell Adam all the time how I would LOVE to have twins!

Well, this morning before I came to work a different type of twins crossed my path. I got home from the gym and smelled eggs. We usually don't cook breakfast before work, but I had told Adam our eggs were going to go bad so he must have had the idea to cook a few. I got out of the shower and still smelled food and was getting hungry so I decided to cook myself the last egg. I cracked the egg and started separating the yolks from the white, when I noticed two yolks-the egg was a twin! I know this isn't uncommon, but I had never seen it and it never has happened to me.

For some wacko reason, I felt really sad. I am by no means an animal rights activist or a vegetarian, but it made me super sad that these twins weren't born because people want to eat them. I don't know if it's because of Katie and Kristie or all the happy little twins I see around, but after seeing the egg was twins, I didn't want to eat it anymore. I usually don't eat the yolks anyways, but I felt bad throwing them away too.

I solved my dilema by cooking them up and giving Diggy a nice hot breakfast. At least he didn't know what we had done to the nice twin chickens.

2 comments:

kkb said...

eeewwww! i hate thinking about what eggs are :( baby chicks are so cute and after you sent me the text today i had the same feeling. it'll be hard to eat eggs again!

Katie said...

that is funny. i still remember once when i was little, mom showed me a twin egg and i was so grossed out, b/c i hadn't ever thought about an egg as a chicken.