Monday, September 14, 2009

Change of Plans

This past weekend was quite different than it was supposed to be.

As of two weeks ago, Adam was supposed to be in Evansville for work and my mom was supposed to be visiting from Illinois. Adam had stuff planned with his family and friends and I had stuff planned to do with my mom.
Then, Adam's trip got cancelled because his training has been delayed. Next, my mom hurt her knee and we decided it would be better for her to visit when she could get around better. So that left us with a weekend that was previously busy to having nothing planned at all.

Adam ended up being a do-gooder, volunteering for Habitat for Humanity with some people from work on Saturday. He spent all day building a school in Tecate, Mexico; I can tell he had fun because he talked about it the whole night. I spent that day shopping :)

Sunday we spent doing low key things to enjoy the weather. We went to the pool, went for a walk, and enjoyed music from one of our favorite local artists Joe Rathburn. He's this older guy who plays acoustic songs outside of the Padres Stadium before every home game. We end up here quite a bit because Tin Fish is the best sun spot in town, the food is good, and we like Joe's music.

Here's Joe



It's always sad when the weekend is over, but we got good news this weekend that made coming to work today easier. I LOVE the Ellen Degeneres show and go online to try to get tickets quit a bit. It isn't very often that the links are even available to try to sign up, but when they are, I sign myself and Adam up to double my chances. Anyways, Adam, not me, got a call this week and we got standby tickets to the show tomorrow. Cross your fingers we make it in! Even if we don't, we are guaranteed tickets to a later show and it's always nice not to work on a Tuesday!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I thought of you today and meant to text you..... so, did you get on?