Friday, September 18, 2009

Pumpkin Love

This week is the annual Pumpkin Festival in my hometown Morton, Illinois. It's quite the big deal there, and growing up I would get SOOOO excited for this time of year. It's really fun for all ages. They have rides, music performances, contests, crafts, a parade, beer, and about every pumpkin food you can ever imagine.

This will be my second year in a row missing the P Fest (as us people from Morton call it). In honor of my hometown, I bought a few huge cans of Libby's Pumpkin and decided I'm going to do some baking this week.

I sent Adam to work today with some pumpkin muffins to share with his coworkers. This weekend I'm going to get a little more adventurous! Happy P Fest to all! Eat something pumpkin :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

i need to make something pumpkin too. i love the pfest!

kkb said...

yummmm... pumpkin muffins ;) last night i had pumpkin chili and a pumpkin pie blizzard :) mmmmm! you should try the chili... i bet it would be easy, tasty and could be healthy! google it! wish you and kate were here for the pfest and parade tomorrow!