Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday I turned yet another year older. I am now 26- closer to 30 than 20, which I'm totally okay with.

My birthday was good, thank you to anyone who sent me a message, text, phone call, card, present, etc! My coworkers decorated my cubicle and had a little cupcake party for me (delicious carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting courtesy of Janice-a cupcake making master). Then when I got home from work, I tried to take Diggy out for a nice walk to enjoy the beautiful weather, but it was too hot for him (he was panting and laying down after a block), so I went to the mall and got myself a few loose fitting spring tunics that I should be able to wear when my stomach gets big! Next, I went home, got ready, and Adam and I walked across the street to Roy's for dinner. We had some Hawaiian seafood and an overall good time.


So many people don't like getting older and even lie about their age, but I don't mind it, I feel like every year older I turn brings me closer to a new chapter to look forward to! 16 was for driving, 18 was for college years, 21 was for drinking (legally :), 23 I got married (sounds so young now!), 24 I got Diggy, and 26 I become a mom! I hope I have many more years where I have more kids, more pets, my kids' graduations and weddings, a face that shows emotion and isn't botoxed up, retirement, grandkids, many vacations, great grandkids, great great grandkids, etc. See, why be sad about being older? There's so much to look forward to!

1 comment:

Katie said...

i've never really gotten sad about getting older either. maybe it'll change, the older i get~ who knows! happy bday <3