Monday, February 1, 2010

Family Business Sunday

Yesterday we spent the day taking care of all business family related. Since Adam nor I have had any experience REALLY using or buying any baby products, we decided it would be a good idea to head out and start getting ideas of things we need, want, what we like, dislike, prices, etc. for all the things the baby is going to need. What better place to start out is there than Babies R Us. We spent most of the time in the stroller section and walking around trying to figure out how we are ever going to decide or know which item you pick when there are about a zillion that all seem similar.

After Babies R Us we went to a sports store to look to see if there were any more outdoorsy/exercisey type strollers. We didn't have luck, but Adam got a shirt and I got some ideas on how much exercise equipment will cost to purchase for in our home. After the baby, I have a feeling it won't be as easy to take my daily trip to the gym :( so I'm thinking we might need to find a corner to stick an eliptical or treadmill in for when the baby's napping.

Next we went to Ikea, which has tons of cute baby room stuff!

After Ikea, we had to head to the jewelry store. My engagement ring has a little diamond chip that must have popped off, so we took it to be fixed. I'm "single" until Wednesday when I pick it up.

Next we headed to the mall, which was a big mistake because Adam made me go into the pet store, which is never a good idea for me to see puppies who need homes. To make matters worse, they had animals that needed to be rescued from a shelter outside the pet store. To make a long story short, I fell in love with a little, black, wrinkled, calm, well behaved, CUTE, angelic puppy who needs a home, Adam said no way and that we would be crazy to get another dog when I'm about to have a baby, and I left wanting to cry. Target wasn't so fun after that letdown.

Our last two stops were to this little boutique that has the CUTEST stuff ever. I found a diaper bag there that I love and lots of cute clothes for after I find out the sex. Last stop was Borders where I got a baby book to start filling out and putting my ultrasound pictures into. Believe it or not, every store we went to, I looked for a baby book and they all were SOOOO nerdy and most stores only had like 1-3 options. Borders finally came through.

It was an educational day for us! I learned that we need a TON of stuff, that I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl so I can start buying the stuff, and that I will be on the phone with my sisters A LOT in the next 6 months because deciding and knowing which brands and styles to choose is hard!

2 comments:

Katie said...

by the time your babies born, tate will be 5.... stuff changes SOOO quickly. actually, most of my baby stuff was from ellie, so my stuff was all purchased 7 years ago, WOW~ time flies! it does sound fun to start w/ all of the new things, how exciting?

Jessica Robertson said...

how fun!! Maybe when I'm in San Diego after you find out if its a boy or girl we can look for some cute baby stuff!! My friend got the Bob running stroller and she loves it.