Monday, May 10, 2010

Last Mother's Day Not Technically Being a Mom

This morning I went to the coffee shop with Diggy while I was walking him and the girl that works there asked me if it was weird knowing yesterday was my last Mother's Day not technically being a mom. I told her that even though I wasn't expecting it, people made it seem like my first real Mother's Day!

Friday night and Saturday for the first half of the day, Adam and I spent buying stuff for the baby. Thanks to everyone who got me giftcards at my shower, we now have the majority of the stuff we absolutely need for the baby. There still are lots of little things I will need to get just because I want them or I think they are fun, but I think we could have the baby and be set. After we shopped, we stopped by the pool to enjoy the weather for a bit, then went home and Leigh and Lisa came over to grill out for dinner. To my surprise, they came with a bouquet of flowers to wish me a happy Mother's Day! It was so nice of them.
On Sunday, after we had taken Diggy out and gone to the coffee shop, I went to work out while Adam said he had some work to do. When I got back, he had a little Mother's Day display set out for me from him and Diggy and the baby. If you can't tell what it is, there is a pregnancy wedge pillow that is supposed to make sleeping more comfortable, a giftcard to get a pregnancy massage and facial, really pretty flowers, and a card. It was such a nice surprise and totally unexpected! We finished our day by heading up to see Jay's family and sitting around the pool at their place then rushing home to shower in time to meet Conner McLucky for dinner. Of course we met him at Anthony's, his favorite.

It was a good weekend and made me excited for next year when I have a little girl and Diggy to celebrate being the mom of!

2 comments:

Katie said...

that was so nice of adam. he is a great husband!

kkb said...

geez... i wonder what you'll get next year :) glad you had a good weekend!