Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last night I saw an episode of 19 Kids and Counting on TLC. It was a Mother's Day special where they brought their little girl, Josie, home from the hospital after 4 months of being in the NICU. This little girl was born at 25 weeks and was less than 1.5 pounds. They showed the emergency C-Section and lots of footage of her over the last few months struggling to just breathe, open her eyes, stay warm, eat, basically just struggling to live. It was so emotional for me to watch. I read that Josie had to go back to the hospital after that episode was taped due to bowel problems. It was so weird for me to watch because I just kept looking at Josie and thinking how the little girl inside of me probably looks pretty similar to the way she does (I'm 27 weeks along now), which is just so tiny and fragile. It was ironic, because right before we watched that show, we were on a walk and I was telling Adam how our baby has been kicking SO hard lately and seems so strong. Watching that show really put things into perspective on how weak and little she still is.

No comments: