Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weekend in Chicago

This past weekend was one of my college friend's, Lawley (or Erin to others :), wedding. I am lucky that in the past year I have had visits from Duvy, Amy, Panichi, and Bayer and saw Katie and my cousin Emily in AZ, but I had not seen Andrea, Mary, or Lawley since I visited Chicago in January 2009. I was so excited to see everyone!

Friday Panichi picked me up from the airport and Adam's friend Derek picked him up so that they could hang out. Panichi had just picked up Duvy so us 3 got to spend the whole afternoon together. We went to this cute little cafe for lunch, got manicures, and walked to a little neighborhood with cute shops.

That night, my girlfriends (with Duvy's organizing :) had a really nice baby shower for me. It was so fun. We ate dinner at Graham Elliots, who Adam and I are fans of from Top Chef Masters. When we walked into the restaurant he was standing at the host stand, which is a rare thing for a "famous" chef to do. The food was really interesting and good. After dinner we went to Panichi's family's boat and had dessert and I opened some gifts. I got SOOO many cute things and it was so fun to just hang out with everyone!


Saturday morning Katie, Panichi, Duvy, Adam, and I took a nice walk to Michigan Ave. and did some shopping and ate some food before it was time to head to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.

The ceremony was super pretty. Lawley's dress was SOOOOOO gorgeous and she looked beautiful! The reception was at the ballroom in the hotel we stayed at, so inbetween we all sat out on this patio pretty and socialized. The whole reception was a blast! I had so much fun talking with my friends at dinner, dancing to the music (the band was the best wedding band I have heard yet), and celebrating.

Sunday morning we all got up and ate brunch together, then it was back to San Diego for me. It was such a FUN FUN FUN weekend and made me so sad to have to leave some of my favorite people. I can't wait to see everyone again, hopefully soon!

(Still waiting on pictures from other people, so mine aren't the best :)

No comments: