Thursday, May 6, 2010

Long Weekend in Morton

This past weekend was a trip I've been excited to make for years now! Two of my best friends, Darah and Evan (who I should add had dated for over 13 years, that's since junior high!), got married. Kristie, Sylvie, and Cal picked us up from the airport, we ran home to get ready, Kristen brought over Mara so I could QUICK meet her in person (she is SOOOO cute, more about that later), and then we were off to the rehearsal and dinner.

The rehearsal dinner was at Jonah's, one of my favorite restaurants and where I worked as a hostess in high school. It was so nice because with Joanna living in Florida and me living in San Diego, we are rarely home at the same time, and when we are, it's usually major holidays or wedding weekends, so there is no free time for just hanging out. Adam and I got to sit with Joanna and Eric and talk the whole entire time. It was a really fun night.
The next day was the wedding. I honestly can say that of all the weddings I've been to lately, Darah's dress was definitely on the top as one of my favorites! It was even more pretty in person than in pictures. The ceremony was short and sweet, then we were off to the reception. Everything about the day was perfect and so pretty. It was really fun to see lots of old faces and catch up with people. I'm so happy for Darah and Evan!


Sunday Julie and Court had a baby shower for me at their house. It was really fun. I didn't take any pictures, but the cake and decor was purple, green, and brown and really cute! Lots of people sent me gifts in the mail and at the shower I got lots of gift cards (thanks to everyone for respecting the fact that I had to fly across the country and giving travel friendly gifts :). It was a fun afternoon and good to see family and friends!
Monday and Tuesday I had two full days to just hang out. I got to spend time in the mornings drinking coffee with Kristie and hanging out with the kids while they were still in their PJ's. I got to see Scarlett get her bath every morning, she loves it and it's so cute how happy and smiley she is early in the morning! I got to see Mara and Kristen almost every day I was there. Mara is the best behaved baby I have met. She doesn't cry, is so cute, sleeps from 10pm-5am already, lets you pass her around, sleeps in her crib, etc. Kristen is so lucky. I got to have family dinners (one with my WHOLE family while they were still in town for the shower, one with just my mom and dad and Kristie's family, and one girls night out to La Fiesta with Julie, Court, Leighton, my mom, and Kristie). I got to take Kristie's kids and Leighton to the zoo. I got to go walking every day with Kristie. It was finally a time that I was home without a schedule, and it was just soooooo nice!

Cal making Scarlett smile...Sylvie and Cal LOVE Scarlett and she loves them too!

Mara hanging out after our walk...she's got the cutest thin layer of strawberry blonde hair :)

Sylvie and Cal playing with Scarlett...she's getting so much older...always smiling and soooo cute!

Early Wednesday morning my dad took me to the airport, now it's back to the grind. I would be sad, but we have lots of fun stuff in the upcoming weekends!

1 comment:

kkb said...

molly.... i had the best time with you home! it was such agreat trip that we wll enjoyed... we miss you lots. i've been bored and craving eli's every morning. hurry back!!!