Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Crazy busy weekend (but fun!)




Adam supporting U of I in my shirt that he stole




Me and Adam at the game, last weekend my part got so burned that I still have peeling flakes on my head, so I went with the covered up head/face look :)


Petco Park



Adam, Katie, and Derek

Me and Robbie at Gaslamp Tavern



Derek and Katie


Adam and me at our fave place, Sushi Deli.

Adam and I just had quite the busy weekend!




First, his friend Derek had been in town for work, so his wife, Katie, came to meet him for the weekend. We met up with them Friday night for sushi at our favorite place, Sushi Deli. Robbie met us too so we decided to start the night college style and do sake bombs (I was the only one who had ever done them, thanks to the great fraternities of U of I, so I had to be the sake bomb teacher :) Anyways, we ventured on to a few other bars and had crazier and later night then Adam and I are used to any more, but it was a good time!




We also have had a heat wave here this past week. The weather has been in the 90's-100's, which I love because there is no humidity with it! What better activity is there to do but go to the beach on a day like that (and when you are feeling a little under the weather from a late night!). All I could manage to do was lay in the sun, but Adam, Derek, and Katie were troopers and drank beer and played volleyball with a bunch of high school boys (and beat them too, which made them all VERY proud :) That night we just went for Italian food in Little Italy and went to bed early!




Sunday, Adam and I had tickets to the Padres game, which is fun when the weather is that nice! We made a whole day's events out of it, being outside and enjoying the weather...we stayed outside until about 7 and grilled some fish in our back yard.




Monday morning I decided to take advantage of working at a job where you have the luxury of way more sick days then you would ever need (and coworkers who use their sick days constantly and are not ashamed), so I called in sick. I was tired, my allergies were bad, and I had lots of laundry/cleaning to do since I didn't get a chance during the weekend, so I took a day to recooperate from our weekend.




We had a great time and it was really fun hanging out with Katie and Derek, but we must be getting old --> we decided that next weekend it sounds like even more fun to do absolutely nothing :)


3 comments:

Katie said...

sounds fun! is derek a friend from indiana? were they at the wedding?

kkb said...

i wish i were there in the 100 degree weather!!! miss ya!

Unknown said...

Derek was my buddy from back home and was my roomate a couple of years in college. He was one of my groomsmen minus the beard.