Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend in the Midwest

Last weekend I went home for Memorial Day Weekend and it was super busy!

I got into Illinois last Friday night and drove straight to Fulton to visit my Aunt Carol, Uncle Roger, and cousins Emily and Shelby (and their little Shih Tzu who looks just like Diggy named Dori). It was one of the funniest nights I had had in a long time. Carol is good about always entertaining the priests and nuns at her church, so she had the new young priest over for dinner. Mix a priest, wine, and Carol and you have quite a comical situation. We laughed so much, I think you had to be there to appreciate how funny it was.

The next day we went to Iowa for our Cousin Libby's wedding. It was so much fun to see all of my family again. The Filloon family never has a dull celebration, and Libby looked so pretty! The kids had so much fun dancing!

The next morning my mom, dad, and I drove back to Morton and a few hours later my friend Duvy picked me up to take a roadtrip to Chicago to visit some of our college friends. It was such a fun time. I got to see Duvy, Andrea, Lawley, Panichi, and Amy! We went to our old college favorite, Bar Louie, for appetizers and drinks then to Andrea's boyfriend Peter's bbq. It was a very low key night but so much fun! Whenever I see my friends it makes me realize how much I miss them :(

The next day I got home and ate lunch with my cousin Courtney, Aunt Julie, sisters, and mom and that night we had Katie's son Tate's 3rd birthday party. During the party I started getting sad because I felt like I had barely even had time to relax, so I went home and changed my flight so that i could stay an extra day. The extra day made such a huge difference. I got to just relax and hang out at home a little, hang out at both of my sisters houses, pick Lexie and Ellie up from school, and eat sushi with everyone for dinner!

Although I was sad to leave my family, I was so excited to see Adam and Diggy. Adam picked me up from the airport and we got lunch to take home so I could see Diggy. By this time it was about 2 and beautiful out. Adam did the unthinkable and called into work and said he wasn't coming back that afternoon, yay! The three of us took a walk downtown and enjoyed the weather and being back together as a family :)

Here are the pictures from this weekend (too many to post all of them):

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbM3DRi0cuWIZ

No comments: