Monday, June 2, 2008

The weekend I have been waiting for!

I had been waiting for the weekend of May 30 for months, due to the fact that the Sex and the City movie was coming out. After I watched the Oprah that the cast of the movie was on, it made me even more excited! I decided to wait to go til Saturday because while I was walking to go work out Friday afternoon after work, I happened to go by the theater and the lines were horrible!

Friday Adam and I decided to try a new restaurant that we've walked by a lot called the Neighborhood. It is a gourmet burger/beer type restaurant, but it's more cute and bistro-like than a pub or grill. It was really fun and had really good interesting food. After our success at this restaurant, we decided to go to try a new wine bar that we've only seen during the day while walking by. It looks really cute and it was closeby so we figured we'd stop in for a drink. It ended up being the weirdest place we have ever been in San Diego! There were 5 people there besides us, 2 were working, 1 was a friend of the owners, and the other two were just weird old people. When we walked in there was no escaping talking with all of these people; it was like they attacked us because they were so excited to have new people to talk to. I can't even describe what was so weird about these people but we decided there was something shady going on there, possibly some drug dealing or swinging??? We didn't know, but what we do know is that we will be going back to the Neighborhood but we will never go back to the wine place!!!!

Saturday was the big day of the movie!!!! I had read some negative reviews so I didn't know if it would be that good, but if you ask me it was 5+ stars. I don't know how you couldn't have liked it, really! And according to the lines at the movie theaters, how few seats were empty inside, and the box office numbers, it did pretty well! I even read that since it did so well they are already discussing a sequel! Yay!

Yesterday was a beautiful day outside so we spent most of it outside. Diggy had so much fun! We took him on two walks and we grilled out with Robbie in our backyard last night. As a result, Diggy is so dirty and he smells but he still LOOKS cute! As we were on one of our walks this weekend Adam called him "Buddy" which is one of his MANY nicknames and ever since I have been singing and can't get this song out of my head from the late 1980's commercial:

My Buddy, My Buddy
Wherever I go, he goes
My Buddy, My Buddy
My Buddy and Me!

Remember it? I always wanted a Kid Sister, but our "Buddy" is way better than any doll :)

No comments: