Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fresh Clams!


While we were at the beach this past weekend, Lexie and her friend Shelby decided to look for shells and noticed one of the big ones they had found started moving and a little flesh kept poking out. Turns out they had found a little area of the beach that was loaded with clams. The minute Adam heard about this, he was right out with them digging in the water for some fresh seafood. We took them home and Adam looked up a recipe for how to get the sand out of the clams and how to prepare them. I have to say, I was a little skeptical about how they would turn out and if I would even be able to try one, but Adam grilled them, made a sauce, and served a great appetizer! See the pictures below. I think Adam's clams were better than any type I've had from a restaurant.


1 comment:

Katie said...

ellie was mad that we didn't make the clams while we were still there :-)