Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A sad goodbye :(

I've lost a very important part of the last 12+ years of my life...the GREATEST brush that I have or ever will know.



I don't know exactly how long I had it, but I do know that I had it when Kristie butchered my hair in 8th grade (that brings back fond memories of the "bob" that turned mushroom cut because I trusted my sister with cutting my hair), which means it has been a part of my life since before I was 13.


Every time I see my sisters and certain friends they can't believe I still have it. It has held up like a champ. It helped brush my hair nicely for various school pictures, high school dances, "going out" in college, graduations, dates, and my wedding. It has traveled everywhere worth noting that I have traveled and lived with me in at least 4 houses in Morton, a dorm/sorority /apartment/house in college, a house in San Diego, and now our first home we own. It even inspired my niece Lexie to search for one for her bday last year but she had to settle for a smaller rounded version (that isn't the same).


One feature that my brush could not help my hair with, however, is shedding. I have to clean our my brushes so much and I swear I could supply about 100 barbie heads hair each month just from cleaning out my brushes. On this very sad day, I went to clean out my favorite brush, pulled a little too hard, and this happened:


The top part had been loose for some time and I have managed to wedge it back in and make it useable. I tried and tried to get it so that it would stay down without ripping my hair out, but finally realized it was time to say goodbye.
If I knew the brand, I would advertise for them because it's not very often a brush lasts longer than most pets, but until then, I will be on the lookout for a new brush that is as great as THE greatest brush in the world.

2 comments:

kkb said...

haha... this is funny. i will definitely miss the brush... how will you blowdry your hair tomorrow?

Katie said...

lexie's is working pretty good. she got it at the body shop, but i will say that your's was better, it is sad!