Thursday, January 21, 2010

Last Minute Visitor

My friend Panichi has decided to come this weekend, at the last minute. We were on the phone and I randomly mentioned to her how I got a call from the Ellen Show reminding me that I had tickets for Monday. I had pretty much forgotten about this, and I even decided awhile ago that I probably wouldn't go. I hadn't taken off from work and anyone who would come with me has to work too! BUT then the lady on the phone informed me that it's Ellen's birthday celebration. If you watch Ellen, they make big deals out of things like holidays and celebrations, so I was worried there will be some sort of really good surprise guest or prize given away, I'd see it on TV, and be so sad that I didn't go.

Well, Panichi sort of felt the same way and we worked it out so that she can come for a quick trip. Adam and I are picking her up in Long Beach on Saturday and then I'm dropping her off at the airport in San Diego on Wednesday on my way to work. I emailed my boss and he right away said that I for sure could take Monday off. She needs to study, I have to work Tuesday, and I get tired at the drop of a bat, so it'll be more low key than her usual visits, but I am more excited than ever.

I went from feeling sorry for myself for not getting to see Scarlett to being really excited to have fun plans for this week! Can't wait...get here safe and sound Panichi!

1 comment:

kkb said...

sounds fun...happy for u!!!