Thursday, March 11, 2010

Final Prediction: Boy/Adam's Personality

After my ultrasound to find out the sex at the radiologist was cancelled, I just wasn't excited about my montly doctor appointment like I have been with my other two. I just want to get on with it and know! I don't know how people like Kristen (due in less than 2 weeks, looks great via a phone pic. sent to me yesterday, and ready to go, can't wait!) can wait to find out the sex when they know all they have to do is ask and find out (I do admit, it is going to be SOOOO fun when she has it because it will be such a surprise!).

My appointment yesterday though ended up making me happy, like the other ones have. First, I got to meet the doctor who will be delivering the baby. My other "doctor" appointments are actually with my nurse practitioner, who I love! She is who I see most of the time, however, she is not a midwife so can not deliver the baby. She is in her mid 30's and a woman and was pregnant too, so I just feel so comfortable with her-she actually just had her baby last Thursday so is on maternity leave now. To my delight, my ACTUAL doctor was super nice, made me feel really comfortable (even though it's a man :), and just gave me good vibes.

Besides meeting my doctor, I was reminded of how good it makes me feel each time I hear the little heart beating. Even though I don't technically forget that I'm pregnant, it is sort of a wake up call each time I hear it that there is a living little baby inside of me. Listening to the heartbeat one last time before I know the sex led me to a final prediction, now I have a feeling that it's a boy and it's going to take after its daddy!

I keep going back and forth with what I think (and obviously I really never know, but it's fun to guess), but here's what happened. I was lying there and the doctor found the heartbeat...it sounded how it always does except the machine kept making these really loud, sharp, static sounds (CCCCC, whooosh whoosh, CCCCC, whoosh, CCCCCC, etc.). I thought something must have been wrong with the machine, but then the doctor goes "Do you hear all those static noises?" I shook my head yes, and he continued, "Each time you hear that your baby's making an abrupt movement. It sounds like you're going to have a wild one on your hands because it's moving like crazy!"

My mom always tells me stories about how I was such a calm baby, how I loved to be rocked and I would listen so hard to what she was saying to me, how I slept so good, how when I was a toddler I loved to sit by a lamp and look at books, etc. I have no clue what kind of a baby or child Adam was but I would think if anyone guessed, he'd be more the type to be running wild and on the move at all times!

I think I might have my hands full for the next 18 years :)

No comments: