Monday, March 29, 2010

Yet Another Trip to AZ

This weekend we headed to Tucson, but this time we had more than one Katie to visit.

We got to Katie Roley's house Friday in time to eat a late dinner; she had already put Ellie and Tate to bed and Lexie was spending the night at a friend's house, so it was WAY quieter than their house usually is! The next day we had a very relaxed day-we sat around for what seemed like forever in the morning, went walking, went to the mall, went out to lunch, and went to the pool to lay out and sat in the hot tub all before 4pm. Adam and Matt went four-wheeling and hung out in the garage fixing stuff all day, haha. While Katie and I got ready, Ellie got ready too, but not in a typical way. She is always up to something, and it is always something that makes us laugh.


That night we went out to dinner at a brewery that I had been to but Adam had not and he LOVED it!

We woke up and left the Roley's earlier than usual Sunday morning to head to North Tucson to see Katie Stanley, my college friend (and roomie in KKG and in our fancy house senior year :). Katie and her husband Jared are teachers in Wisconsin and were in Tucson visiting Katie's parents during their spring break. Katie's mom and dad have a BEAUTIFUL house in this little community that is set out towards mountains. I told Katie that I felt like we were at a resort. Her mom made us a really good brunch, then we walked around the area they live in to look at the other houses and scenery, and just caught up! Katie and Jared gave us the cutest little pink and white sleeper set for our baby too, which was such a nice surprise. It was such a fun morning and like every time I see my college friends, it makes me realize how much I miss them and how we need to make an effort to see eachother more now that we all live all across the country. I get to see LOTS of my friends in May with Darah and Lawley's weddings, which makes me so excited!
All in all, it was a great trip. I always get sad when fun weekends end, and I get sad that we have to sit in the car for 7 hours to drive home, haha. At least we got to see a really pretty sunset on our drive!

No comments: