Monday, April 5, 2010

Celebration of Adam's Birth, Easter, and an Earthquake

On Saturday, I wanted to plan something to do for Adam's birthday (which is really Tuesday) that we haven't done yet since we've lived here. Now that we know the baby is coming and we will move shortly after, I have realized how much I am going to miss it and how we need to take advantage of all San Diego has to offer! Last year, my coworker had told me about this place in Corona, CA called Glen Ivy that has pools, hotsprings, mudbaths, saunas, etc that she goes to every year and loves for a nice relaxing day. The weather was supposed to be beautiful, so I decided this would be a fun place to go for the day.

We did our usual morning routine, drove about an hour, and got to Glen Ivy before noon. We ate lunch outside at the little cafe there, then headed straight to the mudbaths (which are advertised as pregnancy safe for those of you wondering :). It was so funny. We hopped in the little pit, which was really warm, and smeared the clay all over us, then baked in the sun to let it dry. Adam had never even put a face mask on before so he was so surprised at how weird it feels when stuff like that dries on your body.

Adam all muddy
Me, unable to move my neck or make my mouth smile from the dried mud
After the mud dried, we showered and I changed into a clean, dry swimsuit, then we went to the mineral baths for awhile. The rest of the day we spent laying at one of the pools and finally on rafts in the 2 foot pool that was heated to 95 degrees. We stayed pretty much until it closed, got home, showered, and went to bed early.
On Easter morning, we got up really early, quick got ready, and walked to early church. We were done so early that we got home by 9am, put comfortable clothes back on, and took Diggy for a walk. We had planned on going out for a nice brunch after church, but instead we decided to stay in sweats and go to Souplantation :)
Last week my mom and dad sent me the bedding I wanted for the baby, so since then I have been ready to set up a crib, so after lunch we picked up baby furniture (a crib, armoire, and changing table/shelf) and Adam put the crib and half of the changing table together. I washed the bedding and got it all put together. I thought Diggy might like to try it out, but he hated it in there!

Let me out!
Little Dolly
Back of the changing table without the table attached


As Adam was working on the furniture, I went to take a shower and suddenly felt very hard shaking. I was thinking he was just hammering VERY hard, but then the lights started flickering and it wasn't just shaking, the whole bathroom was rocking. I went out to the living area and the whole condo was moving out of control, like we were on a small boat that was on very high waves. All of our tables and decorations were swinging and shaking, it lasted for about 30-60 seconds. Finally it stopped, and we turned on the TV to find out that the earthquake we had just experienced was a 6.9; I had felt a few since living here, but NOTHING even close to that big. Diggy was acting weird the rest of the night, it was a very strange experience! Glad nothing was damaged or we weren't hurt!
Finally, to end our weekend, we had some of Adam's coworkers over for dinner and went to bed. It was a good weekend, and now the only good thing about it being Monday is that I'm trying out my brand new pair of maternity jeans for the first time and they are just about as comfortable as wearing sweat pants all day :) Can't wait til this weekend-Arizona AGAIN but this time I'll see the Roleys (like always), the Boekers, my mom and dad, and Adam will get to meet Scarlett!

2 comments:

Janice Chincuanco said...

Molly, the crib looks cute... but for safety measures... if the mirrors are going to be over the crib, I'm scared that they'll fall off the walls, esp. with the earthquakes :/

Meghann P. said...

Hi Molly!

Greetings from Glen Ivy! I'm so glad to hear that you and Adam had a wonderful time playing in the mud and lounging around! The photos are priceless! Hope to see you soon in paradise!

To your health and happiness,

Meghann P
Glen Ivy Hot Springs