Monday, April 19, 2010

24 Weeks Down, Around 16 To Go

Saturday marked my 24th week of pregnancy, which to a lot of people means nothing. Everyone wants to know how many months along you are. It is confusing to tell people this though because according to the doctor's office, they count each 4 weeks as a month. This means when you reach 9 months, you don't have the baby, you are on your 9th month for 4 weeks, so technically pregnant for 10 months, which means I am on my last week of my sixth month. However, most people know pregnancy as a 9 month cycle, so since I have 3.5 months left until I have the baby, if I say I am almost 7 months pregnant, they think I am due at the end of June/beginning of July.

So, to set things straight, I am now 24 weeks along, 6.75 months according to the doctor, but have a little over 3 months until the baby is born if I go full term. Make sense or did I confuse you more?

Anyways, I KEEP having people ask me if I'm getting big and to post pictures of my stomach. If you notice, most of the pictures on my blog are of OTHER people, I'm not one to love getting pictures taken of myself and I feel corny taking the typical pregnant shots. HOWEVER, I know I wanted to see pictures of Kristen and Kristie when they were preggo since I wasn't there to see them and so I didn't feel like I was missing out, so I kind of understand.


Bare Belly
Side profile taken in the mirror


I have one more picture that a few people might be interested in. My junior year of college, I got this green strapless shirt before spring break, that we all called "the pregnancy shirt" because of how it fit (tight in the chest, flowy in the stomach area). I think every person on that trip borrowed the shirt that year because it was so comfortable and good for drinking :) Since then, I have kept the shirt and worn it about a million times around the house or to the pool, just one of those things you can't get rid of. Well, now I am glad I didn't. This shirt has been one of my best hot weather options in the last few months. It works so well to wear to the beach and is so comfy! Who would have though when we were calling it a "pregnancy shirt" on spring break over 5 years ago that it actually would become a shirt that I would wear during pregnancy?


Looks different now than it did back then :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

i've never seen the college "pregnancy" shirt.... cute and i swear you've grown since last week! you look great~ nothing but belly!

Jessica Robertson said...

thanks for posting the belly pics!! I know you prob weren't excited, but its fun to see how you are growing even though you are so far away! I have a pic on my fridge from that spring break of you, me, and Megs and you are wearing that shirt!! It does look a little different now, haha :)

The Ralph Family said...

you look great! Can't wait to see you in person in a few weeks!

kkb said...

so cute!!!!!! love the green shirt... from a good beer belly shirt to a pregnancy shirt :)