Monday, April 26, 2010

My Exciting Life

When you're pregnant and have nobody in your circle within a 7 hour drive that has kids or is pregnant, week nights and weekends can tend to become pretty uneventful. Add into the equation a husband who works 14 plus hour work days, lots of Saturdays, is on the phone with work people when he's not at work, and falls asleep at 8pm because he is tired from work, nights and weekends become VERY eventful and sometimes even boring.

I try to think of as many things to do as possible to keep from being bored, but once I get things out of the way like working out and cleaning and running errands, there really is only a limited number of things I can think of doing that are enjoyable doing alone. I love going to the beach, out to eat, etc. but these activities aren't the same when you are by yourself. THESE are what you can find me entertaining myself with lately:

1. Diggy-he's always home and always needs to be taken on walks!
2. The mall-living 2 blocks from the mall is probably the best entertainment I can ask for
3. Magazines-my numerous magazine subscriptions keep me entertained and in touch with the worlds of Hollywood, fashion, health/nutrition, food and wine, etc.
4. Baking!
5. DVR-I think I've seen every episode of Real Housewives, 16 and Pregnant, Millionaire Matchmaker, and Say Yes to the Dress about a zillion times
6. Our Balcony-the sun hits for about a 2 hour time period, so if you want to enjoy the warmth and people watching, this activity is very limited!

Jealous of my fabulous life? Haha, Let's just say I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if we get moved somewhere that's not closer to home next time!

1 comment:

Katie said...

it is hard being so far from family! just know you have your hawaii trip to look forward too (and a few weddings/ showers too) and then oncet the baby arrives, you won't have time to be bored, she'll take up all of your time!