Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy 29th Adam!

Yesterday was Adam's 29th birthday. I can't believe next year he'll be 30! I still feel like we're so young, but I guess now that I have a husband almost out of his twenties and we're having a baby and we've been out of college for 4-7 years, it's kind of a reality check that we need to grow up because we aren't so young anymore :)

My real gift to him was going to that spa on Saturday but for the real event, we went to a new restaurant that is about 2 blocks from our condo called Bice. We have had our eye on this place since they started building it awhile ago, but ever since I have been pregnant, we have been having more low key nights vs. going out to nice dinners. Considering the fact that we used to go out to a nicer restaurant at least 2 times a week, we thought it was about time. We both had REALLY good, interesting food (sauteed calamari on crostini appetizer, I had chicken breast stuffed with port and mushrooms with asparagus flan, and Adam had wagyu beef topped with foie gras) and the atmosphere there was really cool. I need a visitor scheduled so we can take them there!

The rest of our celebration was just his presents and cake. I made jello cake, a childhood favorite of mine that he had never had, and he got some REALLY impressive gifts (jk, I got him all stuff he needs and one thing he wanted-work pants, undergarments, a tie and shirt, and a new drink shaker). Of course Adam acts like everything in the world is the greatest gift or celebration ever, so he seemed happy and I thought I had done pretty good...

Until I see that he had randomly gone during his work day and bought this fancy breast pump that I was going to get for myself...on his own birthday.

I don't know if the fact that a man went out to buy (of all things) a breast pump or the fact that he brought me a gift on his birthday was nicer.

Only a mature, 29 year old man ready to be a dad would do something like that :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

happy bday adam..... molly is lucky to have such a great husband and we're lucky to have you in the family!