Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's a Girl!

We found out yesterday that our baby is a little girl! I can't even describe how happy I am. Of course I would have been so happy if it was a boy and loved it just as much, but I deep down I think I just really was wanting this one to be a girl-just to be sure I have at least one! I'm so happy her and Scarlett will be so close in age (hopefully they'll be as close as Emily and I have been growing up) and now Kristen and I decided that if hers is a girl, they'll be BFF's like we are, and if it's a boy, we'll plan a prearranged marriage. We win either way :)

The ultrasound this time was so fun to see. It was so strange to be able to see her spine, ribs, feet, hands, heart, kidneys, face, etc. She was moving around a lot and when they did a close up of her face, the radiologist showed us how she was sticking her tongue in and out (hopefully not at us, maybe she's a bit mischevious already, yikes!). She weighs about 11 ounces. Until now I have been excited, but now she seems like a real person to me! I can't wait for her to get here!

We had decided if it was a boy, we were going to a pub, Adam was going to drink beer, we would eat bar food and watch basketball. If it was a girl, we were going to my favorite salad place, Tender Greens, and shopping. We had good salads and soup and got some cute new stuff, mainly comfy onesies and PJ's but one sundress and pair of sandals I had my eyes on and a little blonde dolly!

I hate to be corny, but I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. I have a great husband, we have a great life, and now I'm going to have a little girl. What more could I ask for?

4 comments:

Katie said...

love the new clothes :-)

Jessica Robertson said...

love the cute outfits!! I'm so happy its a girl!!

The Ralph Family said...

cute outfits and can't wait to meet her. Now, a name!

kkb said...

you are a lucky woman!!! can't wait to meet baby girl ralph :) i am so happy for scarlett... i picture her with your little girl and leighton all hanging out at all the family holidays!!!