Friday, July 23, 2010

Jobs in San Diego, Over

I am now finished working both of my jobs here in SD. I thought I'd be so excited, which I am, but I have more of a weird feeling about it. Even though I'm so excited for the baby and my main job has gone downhill this past year, I still feel a little nervous and a tad bit sad about being done with work. At my Share the Care job, this past year things totally changed and I have liked it way less, but as far as having an easy job, good schedule, and good bosses/coworkers, I really was lucky. My last week of work my boss took some of us out for brunch, I had a lunch date with a few of my coworkers, and I got a lot of nice gifts from them, which was really nice. I loved my health clinic job, counseling pregnant women and kids, and doubt I will be able to find a job like that again :( I think overall I was really lucky to find those two jobs, and I definitely do want to go back to work eventually, just when we are moved and settled (I'm thinking around the holidays). I just hope that wherever we get moved to, I can find something that compares to the jobs I had here (just very part time though, so I can be a part time stay at home mom too :).

Since being done with work, I have been working on completing my list of things to do, running errands, and I had a doctor's appointment, so I really haven't had one second to get bored yet and don't think I will. At the doctor, I had an ultrasound, and things look good. We did find out her head is measuring a week ahead of schedule and her thigh bone is measuring 2.5 weeks ahead of schedule. I asked if this means I will go into labor early, and unfortunately the doctor said that it probably just means she has a slightly big head and long legs (both characteristics of the Erwin family babies :). You could really see the features of her clearly now, so it was a fun appointment. The doctor assured us that it definitely was a girl and we even got a good picture of her face.
I'm just waiting and waiting and waiting now. I really want her to be born early, but I think my luck will have it that she's right on time or late :)

3 comments:

kkb said...

i can see the picture even better on the computer... she does look beautiful :) fully lipped... maybe like shiloh pitt?? haha!!! cannnot wait to meet her!!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

love the pic!!!

Jessica Robertson said...

I cant' believe how real she looks! My pic looks like a Thanksgiving Day turkey!!