Monday, July 12, 2010

Nesting?

This past week I have been very productive with my time outside of work getting things done that I want to complete before the baby is born. Some of the things I have finished are making an electronic file of all my saved recipes, making an electronic career portfolio (both of these jobs helped me get rid of so much paper clutter!), cleaning all of our kitchen appliances, emptying all of the kitchen cabinets/fridge/freezer then cleaning and reorganizing them, scrubbing the kitchen floor, going through bins on our entertainment center and getting rid of lots of their contents, going through the bathroom drawers/cabinets/towel racks and cleaning/organizing, weeding through my ITunes library, having the carseat base put into my car, stocking up on Costco bulk items, baking/freezing stuff to eat after baby is born, buying new pajamas for the hospital (I wanted new and cute ones since technically these will be my first post pregnancy "outfits" haha) and I read through 1 month of life in my "What to Expect" book.

I still have a lot on my list, but I got off to a good start. One of the things I love more than anything is having a list of things to do and crossing things off of it as I complete tasks; call me crazy, but I have been making lists since I was little and for some reason love them :) Because of this I wonder, is it just my personality that is making me super motivated since I know I have stuff to do with an approaching deadline or am I nesting, like the books say you will do?

Either way, nesting or not, I have to keep getting stuff done while I can! Between sleeping on our fold out bed to try to get enough room for myself, lack of sleep from discomfort, and just getting very large in general, I'm wondering how much longer until I crash!

No comments: