Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Arrived!

San Diego is known for its beautiful weather, but the last 2+ months have been cloudy and gloomy for the most part (they call it May Gray and June Gloom). I was starting to get a little annoyed when July came around and the weather still hadn't improved.

Well, I think summer has officially arrived. Midway through Sunday the sun came out and every day this week from the time I go outside to go to work until about 8pm, the sun is out and it's beautiful!

After our afternoon walk, I have been taking Diggy up on our rooftop patio for a bit so we can enjoy being outside finally! The patio is the perfect place to feel the warm sun (our unit's patio gets shaded by the time I'm home from work). Diggy loves it too because people grill up there so he likes to sniff around and explore, but after about 20 minutes, he just can't take the heat.

As excited as I am for the baby, I'm starting to get really sad that Diggy isn't going to be the "baby" anymore. I've been trying to give him as much love as possible before he has to share the attention. PLEASE pray that Diggy likes the baby and isn't jealous. It will break my heart if he thinks I'm neglecting him :( I think it will be okay though, and I'm thinking they will be BFF's!!!

No comments: